Intestinal & Digestive Health
Poor digestion can lead to issues such as gas, bloating, indigestion, weight gain, and possible malnutrition. Long-term, these issues can affect the gastrointestinal tract, affecting nutritional absorption, skin problems, and more serious chronic issues.
Systemic enzymes and digestive enzymes have proven to be very effective in supporting digestion and gastrointestinal health.*
Proper digestion is essential for optimal health. The type and amount of food you put into your body determines how your body and mind function. Food contains nutrients required by the body to carry out every function. A healthy digestive tract not only determines how well the body absorbs essential nutrients, but also functions as the first line of defense against potentially hazardous compounds and organisms.
When your digestive tract is not working properly, all of your other systems begin to malfunction. If you do not feel as if you have digestive issues, you may want to start by asking yourself these questions:
- Did I eat something unusual?
- Was my food prepared properly?
- Did I eat too much or too fast?
- Is this a constant feeling?
- Do I repeatedly respond the same way to a specific food?
Systemic Enzymes & Digestive Enzymes
Enzymes are integral to the digestion process, as they break down the food you’ve eaten, thus increasing the nutrients your body absorbs from food. Enzymes are activated in your saliva and stomach before you even begin to eat. If the body doesn’t produce an adequate amount of all of the enzymes needed to digest complex diets, digestive issues begin.
Each enzyme supports the digestion of specific foods. For example, lactase supports the breakdown of lactose, the milk sugar found in dairy.* If one’s body does not produce enough or any lactase, consuming dairy causes a wide range of issues. Supplementing with a digestive enzyme helps to give the body the enzymes it isn’t producing.
Factors such as age (the body produces fewer enzymes as we age), environment, stress, lifestyle choices, consuming too few fruits and vegetables, etc., can contribute to the body producing an inadequate amount of enzymes for it to properly break down the food you consume.
When the body’s ability to produce enzymes is unable to meet its needs, digestive enzyme supplementation can help support digestion.*
While digestive enzymes support digestion, systemic enzymes support other functions in the body, including a healthy gastrointestinal tract.*
Floracor-GI & Digest-GI
Floracor-GI® is a revolutionary blend of probiotics, prebiotics and enzymes, scientifically formulated to support a proper balance of intestinal microflora and support the maintenance of healthy yeast levels.* While Floracor-GI supports the digestive system, it is a systemic enzyme supplement — it must be taken on an empty stomach.
Floracor-GI distinguishes itself from other intestinal cleansing formulas in the following ways:
- It contains the unique and powerful enzyme Chitosanase, which supports the break down of chitin, an important part of the structure of the cell wall. Cellulase enhances this activity by breaking down the cellulose component of the cell wall.*
- SEBiotic® is a special spore-forming probiotic stable in the dormant state. Using our Enhanced Probiotic Delivery System® (EPDS), this probiotic can exist in a dehydrated state indefinitely.
- EPDS®, our unique delivery system, brings larger amounts of living bacteria into the intestinal tract, where they colonize and flourish, producing new colonies of friendly bacteria.
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), nutrient-dense alfalfa and papaya powder, comprise a fortified prebiotic blend, which enhances the growth and stability of probiotics in the gut.*
- High-activity proteases, including Peptizyme-SP® brand serrapeptase, hydrolyze putrefying food matter trapped between the intestinal villi. This trapped food matter can cause sluggish digestion, bloating and an increase in toxins. Protease enzymes support the intestinal environment, absorption, motility and overall colon health.*
The combination of the systemic Floracor-GI, which supports the gastrointestinal system and nutritional absorption, and Digest-GI, a comprehensive blend of digestive enzymes for optimal digestion, is powerful and effective.
Digest-GI is a premium, all-encompassing blend of digestive enzymes formulated to support the digestion of:
- Cruciferous vegetables*
- Gluten and casein*
- Fatty acids*
Digest-GI includes alpha and beta amylase, invertase, maltase, alpha galactosidase, lipase, cellulase and a complete array of protease enzymes, all of which are designed to support the digestion of carbohydrates, starches, sugars, proteins and fats. Better digestion supports better nutritional absorption and less digestive discomfort.* Digest-GI contains all-natural digestive enzymes specifically tailored to break down a broad range of foods into nutrients your body can readily use. The powerful combination of proteases in Digest-GI helps hydrolyze proteins into smaller peptides and amino acids. The blend is designed to be effective across a wide pH range throughout the entire digestive tract.
Our enzymes are manufactured in ISO 9001:2000 and GMP-certified facilities, and undergo rigorous quality testing.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat,cure,or prevent any disease.